Among the most worthwhile home improvement projects are timely exterior upgrades. New siding, a new roof or new windows make your Madison WI area home stand out. Remodeling magazine’s latest Cost vs. Value survey shows 9 of the top 10 home improvement projects for the exterior of the home. Curb appeal is a high priority whether you plan to stay where you are or put your home on the market.
Most in demand as part of a property makeover are:
- Siding upgrades
- A new roof
- Replacement windows
There’s little doubt why. The magazine ranks new vinyl siding as number 5 overall with a return on investment costs of more than 75%. In addition, high-quality vinyl siding is the top choice in the remodeling market and has been since the mid-1990s.
Creating ‘Picture Perfect’ Homes
Since vinyl siding ranks so high, consider its benefits first. Siding protects your home from the elements and your budget from energy-robbing inefficiencies. In addition to its energy efficient properties, vinyl siding’s popularity builds around:
- Trendy colors and textures – gone are the days of boring flat siding. Major advances include offering multiple color options as well as textures to look like wood. There’s a color to match almost any architectural concept. Format options include the look of vertical or horizontal boards, batten, clapboard, Dutch lap, shakes, Cape Cod shingles or scallops.
- Easy installation – vinyl siding requires a few specialized tools and individual pieces lock together for firm, durable finishing. Pieces are lightweight and virtually maintenance-free.
Low maintenance – vinyl siding never needs painting, just occasional washing. Even the new dark, saturated colors resist fading because of their baked-ion finishes.
Ranking a close second in popularity is the exceptional impact of a new roof. Your roof may be the most important portion of your home. Historically, people have always strived to “put a roof over their heads.” Today it’s more than a utilitarian object. The roof is part of the overall design.
Obviously, keeping your roof in top shape makes sense – keeping out the elements is vital. Your roof is your first line of defense. It’s also a major component in your energy efficiency. A modern roof, according to Remodeling’s survey, has almost a 70% return on investment. What do new roofing materials and techniques offer:
- Multiple colors and styles – advances in materials make multiple color options available. Colors to match almost any architecture. Standard materials come made to look like much rarer creations – shakes, tiles, etc.
- Extended warranties – modern materials have extended warranties, including “lifetime” commitments.
Replacement Windows Have A Special Place
New windows impact both interior and exterior changes. They rank high in demand nation-wide. Quality windows are major contributors to reducing heating and cooling costs while boosting curb appeal at the same time. The attraction of new windows includes:
- Energy savings – removing drafts, shading UV rays and sealing in heat of cooled air puts less strain on the HVAC systems. Provides comfort and cost benefits to the whole family.
- Styling – modern windows are more than squares and rectangles. Additional shapes and sizes transform an existing home into new structure. It has been compared to a fashion model applying makeup.
- Colors abound – traditional white window frames are still popular but a growing trend is toward adding color via windows. Anything from black, dark brown to deep red or green is available. Many wooden-framed options can be painted or stained to match any décor. Many vinyl-clad options are available in several colors and can also be custom painted.
- Low maintenance – modern technology has reduced the demand for window maintenance both inside and outside the house.
Choose A Single Source
Working with a single contractor providing all these products simplifies the entire process. It takes a seasoned professional to provide the right solution for every challenge. Few companies have the experience and expertise that Sims has. Coupled industry-leading products with its service and problem-solving ability for a winning renovation.
When you are ready for an exterior makeover, call Sims Exteriors and Remodeling at 608-825-4500 or email us. We are ready to provide all the exterior upgrades for your Madison WI home.