GAF Shingles are among the most sought after roofing materials in the United States. But there’s more to a high quality roof than shingles. For a new roof anywhere in the Madison WI area the GAF roofing system is the right prescription.
The GAF system includes:
- Roof Deck Protection
- Leak Barrier
- Lifetime Shingles
- Starter Strip Shingles
- Ridge Cap Shingles
- Cobra Attic Ventilation
As with the structure it’s on the foundation beneath the roof is where a successful roofing project begins. Roof deck protective materials guard against moisture building up that leads to premature wear. High-tech leak barriers guard against ice dam damage and moisture penetration from driving rain. These two elements are vital barriers between the roof deck and shingles.
Ridge cap shingles are the crowning touch atop the roof while started strip shingles get the process started. Starter strips include an adhesive backing to lock the shingles in place – allowing for a perfect first strip. The adhesive is also an extra anchor guarding against wind damage.
Shingle from GAF have a top spot in the commercial and residential roofing market because of their consistent performance, quality and support.
Advantages Of GAF Shingles
The installation of a new roof involves three key players – homeowners, installation contractors and inspectors. Each group has favorable reports on the performance of shingles from GAF and the complete roofing system.
From the roofing contractor’s point of view…
- A complete roofing system insures that components work together for optimum efficiency and there’s one source for everything.
- GAF trains and certifies roofers to ensure quality installation – Sims Exteriors and Remodeling is a certified GAF installation contractor.
- Warranties considered the best in the industry and contractors know they can rely upon the company if an issue comes up.
From a roofing inspector’s view point…
- Shingles in the line consistently earn high marks for durability.
- Products are well-made, using leading technology and high-end materials.
- Shingles have high impact resistance – GAF Timberline, ArmorShield II and Grand Sequoia IR are Class rated meaning a 1 ¼-inch steel ball dropped twice from 12 feet above the roof will not damage it. Hail bounces off Class 4 shingles on a new roof.
- GAF dimensional/architectural shingles are highly resistant to wind damage. Coupled with the latest installation techniques and fasteners rated for winds as powerful as 130 mph.
A Wise Choice For Your New Roof
Homeowners consider GAF the top choice for the same reasons contractors and inspectors do. In addition, they have reasons of their own. Among the most often sited reasons they’ve come to rely upon GAF for roofing products are:
- Certified installation pros – one of the serious concerns within the roofing industry is the number of unreliable roofing companies. Horror stories are plentiful. Professional installation companies like Sims add the following to the process:
- They’re licensed and insured
- They’re trained and experience
- Roofing is their profession, not a part time job
- They stand behind their workmanship
- GAF materials are guaranteed
- A long list of options – GAF has several groups of shingles each available in dozens of colors, shapes and styles. In addition, the high-end products are resistant to impacts, are stain-resistant and reflect harmful UV rays.
- Warranties transfer to new owners – a real selling point when it’s time to sell your home.
GAF Shingles – Professional’s Choice
Sims has been a GAF-certified dealer for years. They made that choice because the products and support are second to none. Few Madison area companies have the experience and quality reputation earned by Sims. It’s a company known for professional products and reliable service.
For a timely evaluation of your home’s roof suggestions on dealing with your concerns call or email Sims Exteriors and Remodeling at 608-825-4500. Or email us for advice and counsel. Our skilled professionals are ready to step up and create a new roof featuring GAF shingles on your Madison WI home.