Selecting the right replacement windows contractor is the best way to ensure a new window installation goes smoothly. Correct installation not only boosts energy efficiency but improves the aesthetics of your home. Poor installation can let the Madison WI seasons influence your life indoors as well as out. Working with a professional who provides the experience, training and proper tools represents money well-spent. But, how do you find the right professional? In spite of the advertising, not every window company has the expertise to do the job right the first time. Choosing the correct replacement windows contractor is the first step to insure your project is a long-term success.
Direct Questions for a Replacement Windows Contractor
Here are a dozen pointed questions to ask every potential replacement window contractors you interview. It is wise to get details from more than one before a window installation project, too. Trusting your contractor is a significant part of the contract. You are putting your home in their hands. Check references and credentials. During your first sit-down meeting, ask:
- How long has the contractor’s company been in business?
- How does the contractor’s representative outline the approach to this project?
- Very specific from the beginning or vague – “we’ll see when the time comes?”
- Does this replacement window contractors represent a a full service remodeling firm or one that only does windows?
- Who will do the actual work – company employees or subcontractors?
- How many projects like yours has the company completed in the last year or 18 months?
- How much of that business is from repeat customers or new clients referred by satisfied previous customers?
- Does the replacement window contractor carry workers compensation and liability insurance? NOTE: This is a critical question, if the contractor is not insured and a worker is injured in your home, you will be liable for medical bills and related costs.
- Who will be responsible for obtaining all the required permits? A task that should be handled by the contractor.
- Are company employees certified by trade or industry associations? Are the trained by the company that made the windows?
- Will there be a senior company representative overseeing the project on a daily basis?
- Get as accurate a time estimate as you can in the planning stage: When will the project be started and finished?
- Finally, don’t leave without a list of references for completed projects like yours – including details of the project, names and contact information for the client.
Set The Foundation For New Window Installation
Selecting the right window replacement contractor is the foundation to a successful new window installation project. Sims Exteriors and Remodeling are roofing and window replacement specialists serving the Madison WI area including Middleton, Waunakee, Fitchburg, Oregon Verona, McFarland, Stoughton, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and all of Dane County.
For an expert replacement windows contractor, call or email Sims Exteriors and Remodeling – 608-825-4500 – and get your new window installation in Madison WI scheduled today.
Cost vs Value Report – Madison WI
Sims Windows Buyers’ Guide